13″ - King 76 x 80
All of our latex layers are Botanical 100% Natural Latex and are not glued together. This allows them to be rearranged within the zippered mattress cover to achieve the desired comfort level.
The Urban Green Mattress comes with an Urban Green Quilted Mattress Cover which encases all of the latex layers. The top layer of this quilted cover is a knit fabric made of organic cotton. The middle layer consists of Joma wool. The bottom layer is a fabric which is 100% natural cotton. When these 3 components are quilted together, it is ½ inch thick. Since this is a two sided mattress, the cover will add 1” to make this a 13” mattress.
This elegant cover, which has a contemporary look and feel, has the strength to hold your layers in place without shifting. The wool is useful in that it will wick sweat from hot sleepers, but it also creates a natural barrier which enables the mattress to pass government testing. No fire retardants are added to the latex or the mattress cover. Both are completely natural.
Since we sell both 100% Natural Talalay Latex and 100% Natural Dunlop Latex, you have options. Your mattress can be ordered with all Talalay, all Dunlop, or a combination of both. Our recommendation is that you use the positive attributes of both, which is also the sweet spot for comfort and affordability. All latex layers are 3” thick. Below is the combination that works best for most people*:
Top Layer - Talalay Medium or Talalay Soft
2nd Layer - Dunlop Medium
3rd Layer - Dunlop Firm
4th Layer - Dunlop X Firm
Talalay costs more, so we charge more. If you would like further assistance on which layers to choose, call us @ 800.452.6114 for our suggestions.
*This is a recommendation based on statistics and our experience of selling mattresses for 34 years. It makes no difference to us what you choose. We just want you comfortable. It does make a difference to us to try to get it right the first time, which is best for both of us.
Here is what we have learned over the years which may help with your decision:
- People wait waaayyyyyy too long to buy a new mattress.
- People tend to like the feel of their present mattress (but without the dips and gullies)
- People who grew up sleeping on a mat on the floor tend to like a mattress that is as firm as they can buy it. It makes no difference what size they are.
- Usually one of the two needs to zero in on exactly what feels good to them and the other person has no preference and can sleep on any mattress.
- People with bad backs like a firmer mattress. People with pain, such as arthritis or fibromyalgia, want the mattress as soft as they can buy it.
- People who are currently on a mattress with major dips tend to want to order something very firm.